Pecan nuts are some of the healthiest out there, considered a super food by many, and we don’t share nearly enough recipes with pecan nuts as we should. Today, we bring you a fun, delicious recipe that’ll offer you all of the valuable benefits of this superfood.
It’s no secret that we like muffins. It’s kind of the perfect vessel for basically any food, and this time it’s no different: take out your muffin pans because we’re about to put them to good use.
Let’s make some pecan muffins!
Mini Pecan Muffins
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup monk fruit
- 2tbsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 pinch pink salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a mini muffin pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit, baking soda, salt and granulated sweetener.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, butter and sugar free maple syrup. Add onto the dry mix and combine well until smooth.
- Add pecans and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the muffins pan. When you’re done, tap the pan to remove air bubbles. You can add more pecans on top for decoration.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until ready.
- Serve for breakfast, snack or even dessert!
Take into account that once you try one of these, you’ll want to finish the whole tray. Be sure you share!