Roasted? Carrots?! Yes: Keep reading. I promise you’ll want seconds.
Since I’ve been repeatedly told to eat healthier and staying on the trend from our last recipe, let’s go with a super simple snack recipe which turns out to be very healthy and good for you.
And so, here we are. Roasting carrots. I’ve learned this week -thanks to a ridiculous discount they had at the organic place near me- plenty of different ways to eat carrots, and I’ve also discovered that they can transform their taste into something you would never expect from carrots.
After days of trying out different things, I discovered this recipe which will with some luck replace your regular snack food with a healthier, low carb and more orange alternative.
Roasted Carrot Sticks
- 4-5 carrots, peeled
- Pink salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese
How to make:
- In a small bowl, pour oil and the rest of the seasonings.
- Chop one garlic clove into very fine pieces and sprinkle with salt. Wait 5 minutes then dry with a paper towel, add to the small bowl.
- Preheat oven to medium heat.
- Wash carrots and peel each of them carefully. Cut the upper part off.
- Cut carrots in half, then repeat. You should now have about 4 carrot sticks for each carrot.
- Transfer carrot sticks onto a baking tray, then add oil+seasoning.
- Using your hands, toss carrot sticks around until they have been completely covered in oil.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, then take out briefly, and add parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 2-5 minutes.
Now you are privy to one of my new favorite snacks. But I think that’s enough carrot for now, if you don’t mind: I don’t think I’ll be making any more recipes involving carrots anytime soon.