Seeds are nature’s most basic superfood. Across all the world, seeds have been revered as a sort of higher food since ancient times. A lot of seeds out there are superfoods - form chia to sesame, hemp seeds, squash seeds; they are a great source of protein and good fats, vitamins and minerals.
So - here’s a recipe that makes the most out of all the good stuff that we can find in seeds. Even for those that aren’t all that used to eating seeds, we promise you’ll like this recipe!
Let’s make some crackers!
Multiseed Keto Crackers
- 1 cup flax seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried herbs of preference
How to make:
- In a large bowl, combine all the seeds and add about one cup of water - two if the seeds absorb too much water.
- Mix with your hands.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat the oven and grease a baking tray with olive oil.
- By now, the flax and chia should have made the mix gelatinous - mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Season, and keep mixing.
- Once it feels solid enough, transfer to the baking tray and flatten using your fists.
- Sprinkle dried herbs on top - we suggest thyme and oregano. Press down gently with your palms.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until they start looking roasted enough.
Now you have an incredibly healthy snack. Not to mention - delicious. It goes great with a hot beverage like coffee or tea. It definitely gives you something to chew on!