Desserts. We love them. It is, deep down, our reason to live. Today we bring you a delicious dessert that can be made no matter the amount of skill or experience you may have making desserts! Keep reading to find out more about this great dessert.
Like all good desserts, our recipe involves strawberries and a lot of cream. Layers to make eating it so much more fun and lots of sweetener. Without further ado,
Let’s make strawberry trifle!
- Strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- Powdered erythritol, to taste
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking pan (round of square) with parchment paper.
- Add blanched almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and erythritol to a large bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs along with the melted butter (at room temperature; you don’t want to cook the eggs) and vanilla extract. Pour in this mix to the dry mix bowl and gently mix until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the lined pan and bake until firm, for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool and cut into 2.5 cm cubes.
- To make the cream layer, just mix the heavy cream with a hand mixer until it peaks then add the sweetener and the vanilla extract.
- To assemble your trifle, place the cake cubes at the bottom of the trifle bowl, followed by a strawberry layer, and then the cream layer. Repeat this process until you run out of layers.
- Add strawberries and any other fruits as decoration.
- Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Take plenty of pictures, then eat. We strongly recommend not having this as a snack but rather as a dessert, after a salty meal. It’ll make the sweetness stand out more.