Avocados have gone from basically unknown to being one of the most beloved foods all over the world. Everyone from the Z Gen to Boomers love avocados, and, what's not to love? Delicious, and full of vitamins. In this recipe, we teach you how to make stuffed avocados.
The trick is to get the bacon to be as crispy as possibly while not burning it- if we can do this, we will get the best stuffed avocados in the world.
Let's make some stuffed avocados!
- 2 medium avocados, ripe
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet. Arrange the bacon slices on the cooling racks; make sure the bacon slices are not overlapping.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the middle rack (so they won’t burn!). Depending on the thickness of the bacon it’ll take more or less time.
- Remove the slices from the oven. Set aside.
- Lower the heat to 350ºF.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop half of the flesh (discard or reserve) and fill them with the eggs.
- Put the avocado halves on a clean baking sheet.
- Bake until the whites are set and the yolk is no longer runny.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with bacon.
Best. Avocados. Ever.
Try using this recipe as an appetizer to woo your friends, or just as a fancy snack during a party or a hang out!