This soft, golden Keto-Friendly Strawberry cake has baked strawberries covered with some whipped cream making it the perfect low-carb cake. This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
The cake is sprinkled with chopped strawberries and resembles a sponge texture.This Keto-Friendly Strawberry cake also works excellent as a sugar-free strawberry shortcake.
And you can also change the taste by adding any low-carb fruit such as blueberries or raspberries.
The base of the cake
2 1/2 cups Nut flour
4 Tablespoons Butter
500 g strawberries or strawberries
500 g Greek yogurt
125 mL of whipping cream
6 Unflavoured gelatine sheets
Sweetener to taste
Strawberries or strawberries to taste (optional)
How to prepare it
Preparing the base for the cake
- Mix the walnut flour with the melted butter until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Put the dough in the tin, flatten it with your hands until you get a flat surface, and let it cool down in the fridge for about half an hour. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
Preparing the filling
- Cut the strawberries into relatively small pieces.
- Set aside 200 grams of strawberries and use a blender or a mini blender to puree them.
Mix the rest of the strawberries in pieces with the puree and then add the Greek yogurts as well as the cream and the sweetener to taste.
- Mix well until it has a homogeneous pale pink color.
- Now cut the unflavored gelatin sheets into smaller pieces. Add a little water until the gelatin is slightly covered, then mix a little and put it in the microwave for one minute so that the gelatin dissolves well.
- When it comes out of the microwave, it should be almost completely dissolved. If necessary, mix it up a little and put it back in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add the gelatin to the strawberry preparation and mix well.
The base should be cold by now, so pour the filling over the base
Please leave it in the fridge for at least three hours or better overnight.
After this time, the filling should be completely solid, just like a regular jelly.
And that's it; you can decorate the cake with some sliced strawberries on top or the sides. I hope you liked this recipe.
To remove the cake from the mold properly and keep its shape, you must remove it by passing a knife along the edge.
If you want to whip the cream before turn it into whipped cream, you can do so, so that the cake will have more air.
You can replace the six sheets of gelatin with 1 1/2 spoonfuls of unflavored gelatin powder. If you are vegetarian, you can use two teaspoons of powdered agar.