Scallops aren’t really a common recipe to try at home… Unless it’s a special occasion and you want to show off your cooking skills. And in that case, you’d better be prepared! This recipe will prove to be easy while still tasting delicious. Keep reading to find out how to cook some of the best scallops you’ll ever have!
Even if you’re not particularly a fan of seafood, you’ll find that the taste of sea scallops -along with the seasoning in this recipe- will be more than pleasant even for those not really used to seafood.
Let’s make some scallops!
Spicy+Sweet Sea Scallops
- 1 KG Scallops
- 1 cup soy sauce
- Stevia sweetener or similar
- Xanthan gum
- 3 sriracha
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
How to make:
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, sweetener, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, sriracha and 4 garlic cloves (chopped).
- Add scallops and mix well.
- Store in a ziploc bag, in the freezer, for at least one hour.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Chop the rest of the garlic and sautée until golden ~ about 3 minutes.
- Once the scallops have marinated, take out of the freezer and into the pan with the garlic.
- Add the leftover butter.
- Heat up with low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat on high. Add thickener, stir constantly.
- Cook until both sides of the scallops turn golden to dark brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, mix well, and serve.
Regarding side dishes, scallops usually go very well with salads or with vegetables. You can check out some of our recipes for some inspiration: Roasted Carrot Sticks, Easy Keto Salads, and Keto Cauliflower Recipes.