Salmon might be the best seameat there is. It is packed with Omega 3s, which help your body regulate a ton of bodily functions and that you can't get from many foods other than fish oil and seeds like chia and flax seed. Plus, salmon has plenty of protein and is absolutely delicious.
Here we bring you a quick and easy recipe to bring out the best flavor in salmon. It has an asian touch, because, if anybody knows how to cook salmon...
First, let's start with the main source of flavor in our dish: The sauce.
Keto Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy sauce, 2 cups
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Powdered ginger root
- Stevia or any other keto-friendly sweetener
- Dried bonito flakes (optional)
How to make:
- In a saucepan, pour and mix all ingredients together.
- Simmer for five to ten minutes for all the flavors to mix together.
- Salmon (400 grams)
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
How to make:
- Cook on a skillet until it acquires a nice brownish-color.
- Serve and sprinkle black pepper, add lemon juice before adding Teriyaki sauce.
You can remove the skin if you dislike the taste, although we strongly recommend eating it. Besides the valuable fiber content of salmon skin, it also has important nutrients, like collagen.
As for a side dish, you can't really go wrong with either broccoli or asparagus. They both go great with the sauce in this recipe - although we favor broccoli because its high vitamin and mineral content.
If you suffer from acid reflux, you can skip the lemon juice in this recipe. It's not completely necessary, as most of the flavor in this recipe relies on the Teriyaki sauce.