Salad is rarely somebody's first choice for a side dish. But regardless of whether we'd rather eat something tastier as a side dish, that's what doing the right thing is all about: being able to endure a little discomfort. This dish is design to make the salad as tasty and fun as possible - with a bonus of delicious chicken breast.
Even for those who aren't really big on salads, this salad will prove pretty easy to make and eat. All you have to do, really, is cut up some greens and put them all together. That's a great part of salads as a side dish: no cooking!
Let's make some salad & chicken!
Three-color Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 1/2 Red Cabbage
- 2 cups Arugula
- One carrot, peeled
- 1/2 avocado
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Whole sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- Balsamic vinegar
How to make:
- Chop cabagge into long strips
- Chop lettuce up into small, bite-size pieces.
- Using a potato peeler -or similar- make thin carrot slices.
- Wash all vegetables, including arugula and sprouts.
- Place into your plate - set aside for now.
- Halve an avocado and serve on the plate - preferably no seed or skin.
- Serve sprouts on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Grill chicken breast.
- On a separate saucepan, melt one or two tablespoons of butter.
- Chop garlic cloves finely and golden using the butter.
- When the chicken is done cooking, serve.
- Spread butter/garlic on top of the chicken using a spatula or brush.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This meal is absolutely delicious and great for whenever you feel you need to have a "light" meal. It is light, sure, but still tastes great.