Statistically, you don’t pay enough attention to what vitamins and minerals you’re consuming. The whole thing is worrying if you look into it: We don’t really look at these two categories of nutrients that our body needs to work properly, and instead we just eat and hope that the stuff we like has whatever it is our bodies might need.
And that’s totally fine! Getting the amount of vitamins and minerals you need doesn’t have to mean eating foods that you don’t like day after day. Instead, you can come up with special recipes that are both full of vitamins and minerals and are also tasty or, at the very least, palatable.
So let’s make a smoothie!
Triple Green Vitamin Smoothie
- 6 grams spirulina powder
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup strawberry
- 1 cup blueberry
- ½ cup raspberry
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 to 3 cups Unsweetened cashew milk, depending how thick you want the smoothie to be
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Sweetener to taste
How to make:
- In a blender, mix chia seeds with almond milk and blend. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Blend berries and avocado separately.
- Mix berries and avocado together, then pour milk with chia seeds on top. Blend.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and spirulina powder.
- Lastly, add spinach and blend thoroughly.
- Sweeten and set aside for ten minutes.
- Blend quickly before serving.
And just like that, you have a smoothie that can either go along a meal or can be a snack on its own.