Ah, to be in love. If your loved one is on the Keto diet, you might feel a little lost when it comes to what kind of chocolate to get them. Well, there's no better chocolate than homemade chocolate.
We're gonna be teaching how to make some of the most delicious chocolate-based desserts you've ever tried. And Keto friendly, of course!
Keto Chocolate Truffles
- 2 sugar-free chocolate bars
- ¼ heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, crushed
How to make:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl along with the heavy cream. Microwave for a few seconds, then stir until well combined using a spatula.
- Add the vanilla extract and erythritol powder; mix.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight or, if you’re in a hurry, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. Make sure it’s not too sticky before moving to the next step.
- Using a scooper, scoop small portions of the mixture and shape into small balls.
- Roll the balls in chopped almonds and freeze again until you serve.
Low-Carb Almond Bark
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- ¼ tsp sea salt
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread almonds and pecans on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Keep the baking sheet, we’ll use it later.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a double boiler on low heat, melt the coconut oil then and the erythritol.
- Add in the chocolate and, once completely melted, add in the almond butter with the sea salt.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet and evenly sprinkle the toasted almonds and pecans over the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow to set.
- After 1 hour, the chocolate bark should be hard enough to be broken into pieces.
Keto Chocolate Cookies
- 4 oz sugar-free chocolate chips
- ½ natural nut butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup monk fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- ¼ baking powder
- ¼ salt
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ pecans, chopped
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 370ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the nut butter with the egg in a bowl until smooth. Add sweetener, vanilla essence, baking powder and salt; stir.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to keep it from burning.
- Stir in the nut mixture in the chocolate bowl. Add almond flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. It should look like a brownie batter. Use water if too thick.
- Add the pecans, and chocolate chips if desired.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop the batter onto the cookie sheet. They’ll expand, so leave some space between them.
- Bake until the edges are cooked. This will take up to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
Happy Keto Valentine's day!